San Juan Island Camping – Adventures in the Great Outdoors!
If camping is roughing it…then Lakedale is camping minus the rough. One of the premier places to camp in Washington, Lakedale offers the best of camping on San Juan Island with all the benefits of a resort.
Explore our 82 acres of forest, meadows, and lakes, and then enjoy one or two or six of our many activities (think tie-dye, giant chess, fishing, bocce, swimming, stand up paddleboards and more). End the day by gazing at the stars from your campfire while roasting marshmallows, and take a deep breath…you’ve found your outdoors.
With 30 campsites and many campsite options, we’ve got your camping adventure covered. Open from April through the end of September (depending on the weather), we’re also a pet-friendly campground.
Our Classic Campsites accommodate one tent, four people, and one vehicle. Each of our San Juan Island campsites features a fire pit and picnic table.
Our Family Campsites are perfect for guests with large tents or multiple small tents. These sites accommodate eight people and two vehicles. Each campsite features a fire pit and picnic table.
Our General Store is open on weekends from May through September. Stocked with apparel and unique souvenir items, we offer piping hot espresso drinks, freshly made pizza, pancakes, sandwiches, salads, S’mores kits, and other treats. Wine, beer, groceries, ice cream, candy, kid’s toys, camping and fishing gear, bait, ice, and wood make this a complete country store experience.
Our bathhouse contains flush toilets, sinks, and free showers.
We’re conveniently located 5 miles north of the ferry landing in Friday Harbor, which makes Lakedale an easily accessible option for folks who want to go camping close to Seattle.
- All room rates are nightly.
- We require a deposit equaling the first night of your stay, taken at the time of reservation.
- Check-in time is 1:00 pm.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
- Front Desk hours are*
- Weekdays/Weekends (Non-Summer Hours): 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Weekdays/Weekends (Summer Hours): 8:00am – 8:00pm
(Summer Hours: Memorial Day through Labor Day)
*Please let us know in advance if you will be arriving after hours.
Should cancellation become necessary up to 48 hours prior to your arrival date, we will refund your deposit, minus a $15 processing fee. Should you need to cancel within 48 hours of your arrival, you will be responsible for your full deposit.
- Please note: Most cell phones don’t receive reception on our property and internet service is unreliable due to lack of provider coverage in the middle of the island.
- Complimentary wireless internet is available outside of the General Store.
- Pets (max of 2) are to be on leash at all times. They must not be left unattended, allowed to bark, and are not allowed in any buildings except our Log Cabins and the Lake House. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet and placing waste in the appropriate trash bin. You may not “car camp” your pet.
- Lakedale does not permit smoking inside any of our accommodations.
- Property-wide quiet hours: 10:00 pm – 8:00 am.
- Property-wide speed limit is 7.5mph.
- Larger vehicles like Sprinter Vans and RVs cannot be accommodated in Classic or Family Campsites. Please call us for more information if you have a larger vehicle.
- Please note: The Lodge facilities and Lodge Deck area are reserved exclusively for guests staying in Lodge Guest Rooms.
- Due to protected species in the lakes, no outside watercraft is permitted on the lakes.